BEHDİNAN, SOUTHERN KURDISTAN
Kasım Engin, a member of the PKK Central Committee, spoke to Nuce Ciwan agency about the special war policies of the occupying Turkish state and its reflection on youth.
What are the special war policies in the cities where there are self-government resistance was implemented? And what is the effect of this especially on the youth of Bakur (Northern Kurdistan), since the ‘Collapse Plan’?
The ‘Collapse Plan’ is a plan developed by the Turkish government in 2014. The first phase was launched with the 2015 Self-Government Resistance process, and the second phase or the Second Collapse Plan was developed on the basis of seizing the Municipalities of Legal Democratic Politics and appointing their positions with selected trustees. According to these plans, the aim is to bring down the Kurds, that is, to bring them to their knees.
If it is remembered, the great leader of the Dersim Resistance, Seyit Rıza, was told he would be pardoned if he showed regret. Seyit Rıza historically told Atatürk the following words: ”I could not cope with your lies, let this be a lesson to me. But I didn’t bow before you, and let this trouble you.”
This Collapse Plan is the name of the revenge of Seyit Rıza, whom they could not bring to his knees. The aim is to bring the Kurdish people to surrender.
Kemalism is not only hostile to the Kurdish but also Kemalism is the name of the regime that aims to dissuade Kurds by bringing them to their knees.
Before the Kemalists, the Unionists followed similar policies and massacred hundreds of thousands of Kurds to force the Kurds into surrender and carried out dozens of so-called scientific studies to prove that there were no Kurds. They took the ‘Turkish nationalist’ traits from this Unionist tradition and continued to practice in the name of Kemalism, which has maintained itself as Green-Turkism ever since.
The essence of Turkism has always existed as Anti-Kurd, Anti-Armenian, Anti-Greek and Anti-Syriac-Chaldean. The Armenians, Greeks, and Assyrian-Chaldeans have been swept away from our geography. Their roots were dug out, as the enemy put it. The Kurds, on the other hand, have been passed through great genocides many times for their roots to be dug out, but the enemy has not been able to do achieve its target to date. Still, they do not give up.
The Unionists and Kemalists tried to eradicate the Kurds by using Turkishism which is a diseased ideology, namely nationalism and racism. However, Green Turkism does not only use nationalism, Turkism, that is, in the extermination of the Kurds. Green Turkism aims to destroy the Kurds by using Sunni sectarianism as well as nationalism. Some had called it the Turkish Islamic Synthesis which had passed through this ideology. And there is no doubt that this kind of fascism is many times more dangerous than nationalist Turkism, which is just fascism. Based on the fact that the Kurds are predominantly Muslim, they try to exploit the religious feelings of the Kurdish people.
Islam is a religion of peace. For this, a Muslim cannot easily strangle a Muslim – unless deviant. Because according to the religion of Islam there is brotherhood. This is called Ummahism. However, when they immerse religiousism in the sauce of nationalism, it is difficult to come across an ideology as dangerous as this one. Because religious people are normally compassionate. Conscience is essential to them. However, because of the essence of Muawiyali, a religiousism that has been manipulated by nationalism, it is extremely dangerous for the people and especially so in this case of the Kurds.
For example, the fact that a fatwa was given in mosques for an army going to massacre the Kurds is related to the Turkish-Islamic Synthesis, that is, Green Turkism. This ideology was to be implemented by all the different colours of history who had migrated to Turkey; the Folk, Bosniak, Pomak, Laz, Albanian, Circassian, Chechen, Georgian, Arab, Gagauz, Azeri, Dadaşı, were all used in the massacre of the Kurds. This clearly shows how dangerous Green Turkism is. For example, Ataturk could not use religious Muslims against the Kurds effectively at the time, and religious Muslims preferred not to dirty their hands too much with Kurdish blood.
The plan they call ‘Collapse Plan’ is developed on the basis of this ideological view and is a total attack to bring the Kurds to their knees. To see how comprehensive this attack is, it would be appropriate to quote a few the Collapse Plan.
From the First Collapse Plan:
- In the presence of Special Police Forces and special military commandos, the army forces will besiege cities and organize operations in neighbourhoods and settlements; provincial gendarmerie headquarters will also be in command, helicopters and warplanes will be at the command of Provincial Gendarmerie Command if necessary.
- In the blockaded settlements, the living areas will be destroyed and return conditions will be eliminated, and the settlements will be replaced with mass destruction, arrest and evacuation…
- Suppression operations to be done: 10-15 thousand killing, around 8 thousand wounded, 5-7 thousand arrests, bomb small and large settlements, 150-300 thousand people to be dislocated to paralyze the terrorist organization, will make it dysfunctional.
- It is important to benefit from the high-level military powers that have served in the region beforehand, shifting to this area will be beneficial for both knowing the geography and knowing the basic characteristics of the region, knowing the psychology of the civilian people and making use of the village guards and former members of the organizations assigned as public officials…
- Completion of the urgent appointment of top-ranking personnel who knew the region’s geography and the people of the region who have served in the region before…
- The positioning of tanks and armoured vehicles in the appropriate places around the mentioned areas, regions and settlements…
- Closing all inputs and outputs.
From the Second Collapse Plan:
”It is now a necessity that municipalities are at the disposal of the Ministry of Interior and that the results to be made through the judiciary will be faster and the necessary authorities will accelerate these procedures further. All our personnel in the region should keep in mind that all the institutions of our state are in full mobilization until the terrorist organization and its assistant party is broken from the waist. It should be known that all logistical support, equipment and legal barriers will be removed promptly and quickly through this mobilization and that this should not distract the administrative units involved in the operation
- The personnel must never forget that the fear of the public prosecutor or the fear of the use of weapons will have heavy consequences, we can give martyrs, the use of weapons by the state will endanger the nation’s survival, the traitors of the country and the enemy will find even more power if such behaviours are displayed.
- Legal procedures should not be considered for the use of weapons, it should be remembered that there is a mobilization and extraordinary situation and that any necessary arrangements should be made in military courts.
- It should be known that there is no liability in case of bullets bouncing out of the areas being fired from tanks and similar armoured vehicles. A high quantity of shots is required, even if it has not been announced during this difficult period of time.
- Care should be taken to ensure that the residences in the campuses are uninhabitable and that the returnees do not return after the operation.
- Care should be taken to pay special attention to the housing of families whose children are within the terrorist organization.
- Care should be taken to ensure that known units cover their faces and that they do not appear clearly even if they are official publications of the state…
We have only shared a few parts of the plan. However, it is clear how this hostile and unequivocal plan was developed on the basis of bringing the public to its knees. However, more important is that this plan has been transferred to the practice field on the basis of inhumane practices. To look at Cizre, Nusaybin, Silopi, Gever, Şırnax and other places with this eye, Lokman was dragged behind the panzers, the naked body of Ekin Van was played with, the bodies of Mehmet Tunç, Aysel Yükselleri and of course Mehmet Yavuzer was poured gasoline on and burnt in a basement after being killed. It is extremely important to look at all of these and to see and understand the massacres being committed from a different perspective.
Moreover, it is necessary to see how the institutions dealing with legal politics in Kurdistan have been seized by force. The seizures they call trustees, the deputies being taken down as prisoners, and all the legal institutions that have been closed are marked from the prospect of this plan, a better understanding of what the Collapse Plan is.
In this respect, it is very clear that the Collapse plan is a plan for total surrender, destruction and self-removal.
With this view, it is possible to look at the policies implemented by the Turkish state against Kurdish youth and draw conclusions. The goal is a youth dragged to surrender by being distanced from their reality, a kind of Stockholm Syndrome case where it is desired that the victims fall in love with their murderers.
If we pay attention to the youth, the members who are sensitive to national issues and social life are deadened with prostitution, drugs and entertainment culture, there is a youth that is wanted to be removed from reality by being urged to envy schools and sports activities.
It is more convenient to influence a frightened structure, which is intimidated by very hard pressure and massacres, with various special methods of warfare and psychological methods of warfare.
Another important weapon is the fasting method. The Kurdish People’s Leader calls this method Bio-Power and Economic Terror. It is perhaps the most important goal of this Collapse Plan, to capitulate people through their souls by starving them. Almost no one is left in Kurdistan who is not hungry. The policy of starvation and self-help is perhaps the most dangerous policy of private warfare. Being left hungry and being forced to surrender is the basic goal. People are forced into prostitution by being left hungry. They are forced to become agents. Since there is almost no Kurdish youth left behind, prostitution is being developed in many parts of Kurdistan and especially in resistance centres. What is more dangerous is that it is intended to be developed through families closest to the struggle for freedom. This fascist regime takes special care to attack the value families.
In order to better understand how the Private War works, it would be appropriate to quote a few sentences in the National Integration Project they prepared in the past.
- Comprehensive rehabilitation efforts should be initiated for the families of the PKK members who have been killed, and for their immediate surroundings. Even though these people are enemies, they should not be treated noticeably as enemies
- Especially the mothers and fathers of the PKK youth should be gained and they should be directed to take their children back from the PKK. Within this framework, especially the groups exploited by the organization such as “Saturday mothers” should be analyzed and separated from the terrorist organization…
- The tours, which will be organized for students from Southeast Anatolia to the West, Ankara, Bursa, Çanakkale, Istanbul, will cover some towns and villages, and will see the historical and social realities will help to solve the problem of grievance for the future.”
In essence, the private war should be taken seriously by the youth of Kurdistan, and it should be seen that it is in a great effort to remove them from their own essence and countermeasures should be developed so that they are not brainwashed by the Collapse plan of Psychological Warfare.
2-What kind of attitude and attitude should youth take in these days, in which the Special War works in every field of daily life?
As a special method of war, psychological warfare aims to scare and deceive the opponent. The scared sinner, the deceived is helpless. Thus, the force that applies psychological warfare has the opportunity to do what he wants. If a society is digested and left helpless, that society becomes a herd and is easily motivated. All the dictators want to move easily by turning society into a herd. Therefore, they focus on psychological warfare that develops fear and error over society.
The fear of an intimidated society is created by terror. Terror is a terrifying attack. So much so that when one is hit, the thousands are scared. As a result, it cools and pacifies, submits to all kinds of applications and becomes silent. The most organized and effective form of terrorism is the one implemented by the state. State terror is the most effective method of digesting and subjugating societies. Therefore, all dictators implement state terror.
Deception is also a very important method in digesting and making a society helpless. Society’s deception happens with lies and cheating. The centres of spreading lies and deceit in the society are the press and sleuth organization. For this reason, all dictators are demagogues, they resort to lies and deceit. In order to make them effective, they establish special sleuth organizations and seize the press and media organs. So much so that they make themselves the only voice covering society.
If we pay attention to the above, we will see that there is a total special war in Kurdistan. It’s a rare private battle. At that time, there are many things that need to be done.
First of all, it is necessary to dry the ground on which this special and psychological warfare has an impact. This means raising awareness and gaining self-confidence of individuals and society in individuals. First, we will raise the awareness of the private war and its methods, and then we will remove the objectives of this particular war. After that, we will look for ways to get out of the grounds of special warfare.
As we said, the first way is to strengthen an individual’s self. It is important that one is no longer a prisoner of such motives. We know that Private and Psychological warfare is trying to capture people by working on three motives. One of them is hunger, that is the throat. A second point is fear while the other is sexuality.
It is very difficult for a person who has trained themselves on these three motives to be dropped, to become an enemy to oneself or to give ground to the enemy.
to be continued