HRE (Efrin Liberation Forces) shared an annual balance sheet of the war and resistance against the invading Turkish army and its jihadist gangs. The description contained the following details:
“Our forces continued operations and actions throughout the region in 2019 in order to maintain the resistance of the historic Efrin, and to free Efrin from the occupation of the invading Turkish army and the gang groups under their leadership in Efrin. During the course of the year, our troops served heavy blows to the invading Turkish army and gangs. The results of the actions taken in the Efrîn, Til Rifat and Şehba regions are as follows;
In 2019, a total of 252 actions were carried out by our forces against the occupying Turkish army and gang groups in Efrîn and its districts in the Şehba region, Til Rifat, Bab, Ezaz and Mare rings. Within the scope of the actions carried out:
- 621 gangs, soldiers and members of MIT were killed. 486 of those killed were gang members, 135 were invading Turkish soldiers and MIT agents.
- 455 gang members, soldiers and MIT agents injured. 338 of them are gang members, 119 are occupying Turkish soldiers and MIT agents. At least 20 of these people were found to be ringleaders and officers of the invading Turkish army and gang groups.
Confiscated in the actions of our forces:
- 35 AK-47 infantry rifles and 175 magazines
- 1 sniper rifle
- 1 M-240 machine gun
- 1 RPK
- 8 BKC machine gun
- 8 RPG-7 rocket launcher
- 15 assault vests
- 10 binoculars
- numerous military equipment
- organizational documents and various
- communication tools
A total of 55 vehicles, including tanks, armored vehicles, military vehicles, motorcycles, weapons and ammunition, were also destroyed.
During the year 2019, at least 120 air strikes and 15 land attacks were carried out in Şehba and Til Rifat regions where the inhabitants of Efrîn were displaced. Civilian people in the region have suffered material damage due to bombing and air strikes.
9 comrades were martyred in the attacks of the invading army with bombers, warplanes and reconnaissance planes.