ROJAVA, WESTERN KURDISTAN
The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) shared the balance-sheet of the war against the Turkish state and its jihadist proxies throughout 2019. The statement is as follows:
“During 2019, our people carried out a relentless revolutionary struggle to defend the dignity and freedom of Rojava of Kurdistan and Northern and Eastern Syria against the attacks of occupation and destruction.
Today, the resistance we have put forward has reached a level of internationalist resistance with the protection of the common freedom values of humanity and has become a national issue creating an attitude against the attacks of the invading Turkish state.
Our forces succeeded in destroying the sovereignty of the terrorist organization ISIS in the region in 2019 and ending the system of slavery and domination. In order to protect the peace and security of the peoples in the region, the Syrian Democratic Forces of have fulfilled their responsibilities without any hesitation in the framework of legitimate defence against all kinds of attacks, conspiracies, occupations and terrorism.”
VICTORY AGAINST ISIS
- On 23 March, the terrorist organization in the Baxoz village of Dêrezor was freed from the ISIS invasion and the struggle against the remaining cells of ISIS was accelerated in the new era
- The town of Hecîn and its environs were saved in the Derazor region
- During the 3-month war, 1306 gang members were killed as far as it could be determined
- Over 9600 gang members and family detainees were taken into custody
- A 7000 square kilometres wide area was freed from terror
- A large number of military equipment, ammunition, documents and communication equipment were seized
- Anti-Terrorist Units have prevented the preparation of numerous attacks and massacres with over 40 operations
- Attack efforts of MIT-related sleeping cells targeting peace in the region have been frustrated by 4 operations
- The 256 comrades who fought heroically in the war against the terror operations with resistance were martyred.
“Our forces have participated in a joint preparation and planning phase with the international coalition forces and the United States, which resulted in the death of Baghdadi in Northwest Syria in a region being occupied by Turkey.
After the defeat of the ISIS terrorist organization by our forces, the invading Turkish state launched invasion attacks against Rojava and northern and eastern Syria.
On 9 October 2019, the invading Turkish army and gang groups led the genocide and invasion attacks against Rojava and northern and eastern Syria. The occupying state carried out attacks targeting the entire borderline with numerous gang groups, tanks, heavy weapons, warplanes and unmanned aerial vehicles. Hundreds of thousands of citizens were displaced and many civilians were wounded and martyred in these attacks.”
ATTACKS OF THE OCCUPYING TURKISH STATE
The occupying army, without any discrimination, intensively bombed all the settlements along the borderline. The Syrian Democratic Forces have responded to these attacks in the framework of self-defence.
The attacks carried out by the Turkish army in 2019 is as follows:
- 379 airstrikes
- 1021 tanks, howitzers, and all kinds of heavy weapons staged ground attacks
Our forces have responded to all attacks under legitimate defence. As a result:
- 1534 invading Turkish soldiers and gang members killed
- 294 invading soldiers and gang members injured
- 7 tanks
- 17 armoured personnel carriers
- 11 BMPs
- 69 military vehicles
- 11 anti-aircraft vehicles
- 2 construction machines
- 2 motorcycles
After the announcement of the ceasefire decision, the occupying army and gang groups continued their attacks non-stop and violated the agreements made with the attacks they carried out in many regions.
508 FIGHTERS MARTYRED IN THE RESISTANCE OF HONOUR
During this resistance, a total of 508 comrades who fought heroically were martyred, while 1547 comrades were wounded and 73 comrades were captured.
As a result of the air and land attacks of the invading Turkish army and gangs, over 400,000 civilians were displaced. As a result of the bombing, 522 civilians were killed and 2757 civilians were injured. As a result of these attacks, Serêkaniyê and Gire Spî regions were occupied.
During 2019, our forces played an important role in the fight against ISIS terrorism and the Turkish state’s invasion attacks.”